Wednesday 16 December 2015

A Bad Reputation

Today I find myself sat outside a supermarket, while watching the world go by, I notice a pest control van parked just over from me. Now as far as I understand all food based establishments will have pest control devices in place, usually in the form of poison traps. This I have no problem with, my problem lies with the van itself. 

The idea of having the traps is a 'just in case' procaution, normally they never get actived and remain tucked out of sight. Every month or so, a representative from the company supplying them will come and make sure they have not fallen into disrepair, this could be general wear and tear or accidental damage. I imagine that this is for one of those checks.

As I said, my thoughts are with the van. Surely most people would see it and think there is an issue, possibly even putting them off going into the establishment, this could cause a substatial loss depending upon the amount of people swayed by the presence. A good solution would be to use a van without the company logo and/or slogans all over it. However I also understand that advertising is important.

So my advice is this, if you do see vans of this nature, ignore them, it's most likely just a routine checkup. And if there is an issue, well, they're there to sort it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment