Monday 14 December 2015

Thoughts On Fried Chicken

A while ago, back in my college days, I raised a concern with a few of my friends. Something strange seemed to happen whenever we had fried chicken from a popular fast food restaurant. The food was always hot and delicious, so there was nothing wrong there. But it always made me drowsy. For years and years I had forgetten about this and yet still avoided those particular fast food establishments, until yesterday...

Picture the scene if you would, it's 5pm and fried chicken is being eaten, a night of film watching is planned and a lengthy discussion of what to watch has been had. The chicken in question was a 'bucket' containing a mixture of breast, thighs and drumsticks, there were 'fries' and onion rings on the side. After around 15 minutes the chicken was put to one side as we had gorged ourselves on all we could. I could not tell you what film we watched nor how it ended as I soon found myself watching the credits rolling up the screen. 

Now, what I don't understand is how this happened, I was perfectly awake and prepared for an enjoyable evening. My only explanation is that the 'secret ingredient' that goes into making that delicious fried chicken is some form of chloroform. 

However, this theory of mine, even if slightly bizarre, will not stop me doing it all over again, although next time I think I'll put the film on a little earlier. Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment