Tuesday 15 December 2015

Sleeping Solutions

Every night we go to sleep, not really giving much thought to the process. But every now and then we lie in bed unable to get comfortable, so we spend ages attempting to get into a position that feels natural. 

Personally I usually start off with my arms crossed across my chest, I call it 'the vampire' however most of the time I find it very difficult to drift off in this position. This is usually followed by 'the roll', a vague attempt to get comfortable by switching from on my back, to the side, on my front and to the other side, only to find myself back in the same position I was originally. It's usually at this point I start to curse my arms as every move I make they are either underneath me or in an unnatural position. Then I usually spend five minutes thinking about a mattress with holes in, so you could lie on your front and dangle your arms through. Although I would imagine that this would solve the issue, it may cause additional ones if you are a restless sleeper and turn over in the night, or if you have monsters under your bed...

Nine times out of ten though, the old faithful comes through, what I call 'the Egyptian'. I usually end up with my arms and legs sprawled out in different directions resembling that of an ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic, this gives me a nice restful sleep and I hope that you find it does too. 

Disclaimer: do not try 'the Egyptian' if you share a bed, while you may get a restful sleep, your partner may not. This can result in bruising...

No comments:

Post a Comment