Saturday 26 December 2015

A long time to warm up...

Queueing, one of the many things us Brits are good at. However I do find its little unusual that we spend time waiting patiently and when we finally get to the front on the queue we get an apology, lovely, how kind. Then comes the explanation of why.

I've heard many explanations over the years but today I may have found my favourite. The machine, powered by electricity, something that grants instantaneous power to the thing connected to it, is still warming up...

I'm pretty sure that numerous fans are fitted to the machines we use every day, purely to keep them cool, so they function properly. If you are going to make up excuse as to why things aren't working properly at least use the proper terminology, machines power up or boot up. 

On a side note, I'm aware it's Boxing Day but if you are going to work on a holiday it is not great customer service to spend most of the transaction tutting and sighing about everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment